Our Three Goals
By 2016, ONF will
1) Expand our existing scholarships (both in number and in amount given) to $100,000 in direct funding to nursing students and those pursuing advanced nursing degrees per year.
2) Create and implement workforce assistance programs in four key areas:
- Aging nursing population and general nursing population health
- Rural nursing
- Case Management and Delegation skills development
- Acute Care Nursing and the implications of Health Care delivery reform
3) Expand the Foundation’s programs to address personal and professional challenges for nurses and increase retention for the profession. This will include continuing to fund the WorkHealthy Oregon program at least at current levels, secure funding for the Nurse Assistance Network to expand and professionalise that program’s offerings and increase ONF’s involvement in the Professional Recovery Network as a lead partner in the program.